- Are my children healthy?
- Are they learning what they need to know?
- How do I keep them busy and happy?
The Fresno County Public Library has databases that will help you take care of your children and meet their needs…for FREE.
Keep Them Healthy
- Medline Plus is a website that has easy-to-understand articles and features on health issues from information on common childhood illnesses to health quizzes.
- Consumer Health Complete has information that is generally on a medical-journal level, but it is available in 17 languages.
Keep Them Learning
- Student Research Center is for middle-school and high school students, with encyclopedias, magazines, maps, and flags.
- These Reference Center databases focus on important school subjects and issues, and the people who made a difference.
- Science Reference Center
- Point of View Reference Center
- History Reference Center
- Biography Reference Center
- Kids Search is designed for elementary-school students
- Funk & Wagnall’s New Encyclopedia is a go-to resource for all members of the family.
Keep Them Happy
- Hobbies & Crafts Resource Center has articles and videos that cover everything from camping safety to making pop-up greeting cards.
- Bookflix teams video picture books with read-along non-fiction books that cover similar subjects for preschoolers and grade-school students.
All of these resources to help your family are FREE. Explore the Fresno County Public Library. You’ll be surprised at what you will find.